One of the main questions I am asked is how we are able to maintain life with nine children. My answers varied depending upon ‘why’ they are asking because you can always gauge their intent by their demeanor. It also varies by location since some people turn their noses up at us while some applaud the fact that we “do as the Word says” by being fruitful and multiplying. Most people get a chuckle out of it while we find it pretty annoying because that is not what our intent ever was, not to mention I hate when people quote bible scriptures like they are some type of bible scholar but instead only referencing what they heard opposed to what they know, but don’t get me started on that because that is a blog all in itself.
I prefer, instead, to live my life as it will be. I have tried almost every form of birth control there is. I have tried every form of birth control I am comfortable with. I am not big on altering the path the God of my understanding has laid out for me, whether it is medication or mechanisms. I love my children. Did I plan on having a large family? No, I hardly even plan what’s for dinner. Do I regret having a big family? Regret is such a harsh word, I have my days where I just want to go far away for a breather, if you consider that regret, then so be it. I would not change it for all of the money in the world, all the tea in China, or all the shoes a girls heart can desire (and you know how much I love my shoes). Its not for everyone but apparently it is for me.
I home school while running a few businesses and do my best to be a dutiful wife ( que in the feminists). It is a task being everywhere and everything at every time but with a little bit of coffee, you can conquer the world, or at least feel like you can, one bit at a time.
The truth is, I don’t have all of the answers, but I will tell you what I know;
1. I love to live life with a little ruffling of the feathers, if you are unable to adapt to change in the blink of an eye, you probably should stop where you are with the amount of children you have right now.
2. I never wake up knowing the answers to every problem that comes up, It may seem like i am super woman to my children and my husband but that’s just so they can buy me flowers and chocolate and a nice pair of shoes every now and again.
3. Even though I pretend not to, I do get exhausted and drained most days, but I know that I can push myself just a little bit farther everyday, not too much, just enough to know that I have exercised my patience, strength, knowledge, wisdom, intuitiveness, as well as my mind and body to know that I know a little bit more than I did on yesterday.
4. While I hate complacency, I am well versed on showing my gratitude for where I am now in order to receive increase according to my requests made known to my creator.
5. Someone is always going to judge you regardless of what you do, so do what you know to do and do what you feel is right. If it makes you happy then go for it. If it (or they) make you cry, leave it alone. Life is about being happy. There is no reason not to be. Sure, mourn, cry, be hurt, but get up and be grateful for your scars because in the end, you will be a beautiful tiger!
I don’t have the recipe to a happy home, I just know the recipe for mine and if that helps you along the way then I am doing my job right. If it doesn’t and you just like the laughs we share then laugh on and enjoy. If it doesn’t have any bearing on you whatsoever, then I encourage you to connect with someone(s) who will assist in adding some type of value to your life.
C’mon, be happy! What have you got to lose?! Miracles and Blessings to you and yours.